Effective on Oct 1, 2019
Smart terminal: refers to the hardware manufacturers, manufacturing with Internet access, data transmission capabilities, and interpersonal interface products, including smart appliances. This refers specifically to the smart terminal you purchased and used, hereinafter referred to as “this product”.
SANSI smart apps: refers to our research and development that connects our smart platform and provides users with smart terminal operation services and data display service applications.
User’s personal information: refers to the user’s name, date of birth, identity card number, address, telephone number, account number. These can either be alone or in combination with other information to identify the user’s information and the user’s service time and place information. Hereinafter referred to as “personal information”.
Use: We collect information from the devices you use to access the service and collect information about those devices. These include IP address, the type of browser and device you are using, the page you visited before visiting our site, and the identifier associated with your device. Your device can also transfer location information to the service, depending on the device settings.
Affiliates and subsidiaries: refer to the enterprise that has direct or indirect control relationship or significant influence relationship with other enterprises, including but not limited to Sansi USA Inc., Sansi Smart Lighting Inc., Shanghai Sansi Electronic Engineering Co., Ltd., Shanghai Sansi Technology Co., Ltd. and Pujiang Sansi Optoelectronic Technology Co., Ltd.
The collection of personal information is mainly based on the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide the necessary personal data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
- Improve our products and services, to better meet your needs. To provide you with better and more customized services in the future. Otherwise, your product or service experience may be relatively weakened.
Register and log in account: You can create a new account or use your existing think to log in with the use of this product’s basic services and various functional applications.
The scope and direction of information collection
- We will collect your personal information and contact details, including your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number (including mobile phone number), product operation information, geographical location information, and SANSI registration information.
- When you use the basic services and functions of this product, we may further collect your nickname, profile picture, country code, language preference or time zone information into your account. If we combine additional information and personal information, during the period of consolidation, such information will be treated as information.
- The personal information and additional information collected on this product and apps will be sent to the server on the SANSI headquarter and managed in accordance with the laws of the People’s Republic of China.
How we use your personal information
You can use the information we collect to control the smart terminals you purchase.
We may use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, research and sharing with affiliated companies to improve our products and services, thus you can enjoy more comprehensive services from us. If you participate in a lucky draw, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Disclosure of information
If SANSI shares your personal data with a third party under the circumstance described in this section, SANSI will ensure that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with the relevant data protection and privacy laws of your country. SANSI will contractually ensure compliance by any foreign third-party service providers with the privacy standards that apply in your home jurisdiction.
We may share your personal data with the following recipients:
- To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us.
- To our customers and other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with your smart devices, and/or networks and systems through which you access and use our sites and services.
- To an affiliate or other third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To subsidiaries or affiliates within our corporate family, to carry out regular business activities.
- Except for the third parties described above, to third parties only with your consent.
Your right to choose
You are obliged to use the product for legal purposes. If you use the product for illegal purposes, all losses and liabilities arising therefrom are borne by yourself.
Protection of personal information
We will take various precautions to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. To ensure the safety of your personal information, our company has strict information security regulations and processes. The regulations and processes of the company are dedicated to strictly enforcing the above measures. Your information is stored on servers in various countries. For security and backup needs, we may store your information and data on the servers of other affiliates.
SANSI promises that none of our client or server applications developed and deployed for the service retain any backdoor.
Information retention period
We intend to maintain our services in a manner that protects personal data from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete personal data from our services, we may retain your personal data for some time sufficient to investigate suspected incidents of unauthorized access to your account, malicious destruction of data, legal disputes or instances of abuse.
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (send to the e-mail address specified in your account) or using a notice in the mobile applications before the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If you continue to use the services of the SANSI Smart Platform, you are deemed to have agreed to our revision if the revision is valid.
Application and jurisdiction of law
Complaints and feedback